Here’s the link to my January Goals post:
Here we go!
- Kick off the 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge. – Accomplished!
- Catalog all receipts and log them in our budget spreadsheet before February 1st. – Semi-achieved.
- Celebrate Al’s birthday! – Accomplished!
- Begin my journal adventure. – Did not accomplish.
- Start editing my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor. – Did not accomplish.
- Update my TBR list. – Accomplished!
Here’s the breakdown:
Kick off the 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge. – Accomplished!
- I’m loving this challenge, so far. It’s a new post to look forward to each and every Wednesday!
- In case you missed them, I have the links posted below.
Catalog all receipts and log them in our budget spreadsheet before February 1st. – Semi-achieved.
- I didn’t do the best job of cataloging everything this month – All the receipts went in one big pile. Not helpful when it’s time to record them!
- However, I did log all of them in our budget spreadsheet, so I call that part a WIN!
Celebrate Al’s birthday! – Accomplished!
- The food we had last week was amazing – Smoky Applewood steak, shrimp, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, cookie cake, and ice cream! Yummy!
- I loved Al’s reaction to his birthday card and gifts – I went on an Amazon shopping spree and gave him three different Batman DVDs, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, and this Marvel deck-building card game. It felt awesome.
Begin my journal adventure. – Did not accomplish.
- I had my journal and pen ready, but it didn’t happen this month. Not one single entry.
- Tonight, I’m carrying both upstairs when I get ready for bed. My thought is, if I try to read every night before going to sleep – I can certainly carve out a few minutes to write in my journal!
Start editing my 2012 NaNoWriMo endeavor. – Did not accomplish.
- Argh. This was frustrating. I felt motivated to start this project at the beginning of the month, but working full-time, behind a computer, is exhausting. Most nights, after work, I didn’t want to look at another screen.
- However, I felt inspired this past weekend, talking to fellow authors and aspiring ones at an event. All of them said the same thing – JUST DO IT!
Update my TBR list. – Accomplished!
- Here’s the link to my post: Getting Personal #53: First TBR Recap
- Look for the next update in April!
- I was able to put Accomplished next to 3 out of 6 goals. Hooray!!
- The one goal that was Semi-Achieved: I know what I need to do from here on out to accomplish that goal!
- The two goals that I didn’t accomplish: Honestly, I completely dropped the ball on these. I felt motivated to do both during the month, but I just didn’t make time for them. Here’s to February!
Did you have any goals for January?
Come back tomorrow to see my goals for February!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂