Here are my goals for the month of September!
- Complete my first full 30-day blogging challenge!
- Enjoy my six-year dating anniversary with Al.
- See Emily G. before she jets off to London!
- Keep on track with my Trial Prep & Discovery Practice assignments.
- Attend the Chambers Family Reunion.
- Work on an exciting wedding anniversary surprise for Al!
- Join the Portsmouth Public Library.
- Play catch-up with my 2016 Reading Challenge.
- Read the September book and attend my first book club meeting with Sarah H.
- Make at least three new recipes.
- Sign up for a pen pal through Geek Girl Pen Pals.
Here’s the breakdown:
Complete my first full 30-day blogging challenge!
- This will be explained in another post that will be published later today. I stumbled upon it through a WordPress blog, and I’m super excited about it!
Enjoy my six-year dating anniversary with Al.
- We are celebrating six years together on September 4th. Wow! Time flies when you’re having fun. We have tickets to see The NeverEnding Story 30th Anniversary release in theaters for Sunday afternoon!
See Emily G. before she jets off to London!
- One of our dearest friends is headed across the pond for grad school! We’re so excited for her. We want to meet up with her before she leaves!
Keep on track with my Trial Prep & Discovery Practice class assignments.
- After reading the syllabus for my class, I know that I have to hunker down and block off time every weekend to complete my assignments. Even though the two projects, the Homework Folder and Trial Notebook, aren’t due until the very end of the semester, I want to get ahead and stay that way! Plus, doing these assignments in an orderly fashion will get me into a solid routine, and help me prepare for my midterm exam!
Attend the Chambers Family Reunion.
- My mother-in-law’s side of the family always has a reunion in the middle of September, and this weekend has become one of the highlights of my entire year. It’s a huge potluck at the United Methodist Church in Keysville, Virginia. It’s a great way to get together, share stories, catch up, and enjoy each other. I requested to have Friday, September 16th off from work, and it was approved! My in-laws are so excited that Al and I staying at the farm for the weekend, and so are we!
Work on an exciting wedding anniversary surprise for Al!
- I can’t say much about this goal, but I’m very excited, and everything is starting to come together. Look for a post about this one some time in November!
Join the Portsmouth Public Library.
- Hopefully this weekend! There’s a branch of the library literally two miles from our house. I’m so excited to check it out, and bring home several books that I’ve been itching to read.
Play catch-up with my 2016 Reading Challenge.
- Here’s the link to my original post: Commentary #14: “2016 Reading Challenge”
- It’s already September, which means I’m woefully behind on this list! But, I own several of these books – I just need to get them from my parents’ house and bring them to ours! The others that I don’t own, well, that’s where joining the library comes in!
Read the September book and attend my first book club meeting with Sarah H.
- I had a lovely dinner with my friend Sarah last month. She was one of my career advisers when I was a student at Longwood, and we kept in touch after I graduated. Now, she’s working at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, and bought a house that’s close to my office! She told me about this book club that meets once a month in cities like Portsmouth and Suffolk. I’m so excited!
- The September book is titled The First 1,000 Days: A Crucial Time for Mothers and Children – And The World by Roger Thurow. It looks really interesting!
Make at least three new recipes.
- I’m determined to find healthier recipes to cook for Al and I. One of the recent steps I took to achieve this was buy my friend Megan’s cookbook – The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook: 15 Fundamental Ingredients, 150 Paleo Diet Recipes, 450 Variations.
- With that said, neither Al nor I exclusively follow the Paleo diet, but I’ve admired Megan’s commitment to it for years. I’m excited to leaf through the book and find new things to try!
- Check out her blog, Freckled Italian, for more!
- My mom also sent me an email the other day with some drool-worth Pinterest recipes! Yum!
Sign up for a pen pal through Geek Girl Pen Pals.
- I’m committed to explore more of their site this month, and then actually sign up for a pen pal!
- The sign-up process opens on the 15th of every month, so you’d better believe I’ll be ready in two weeks!
Well, that’s all for my September goals!
Thank you so much to those who read and commented on my August goals and goals recap posts! Your encouragement and kind words have motivated me to do this every month! Thank you, all!
Do you have any for this month?
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
You’re on top of things today! That was fast. Sounds like a great plan.
Thanks so much! It helps when I have half the post written before lunchtime, haha!
Sounds like an awesome month for you! Good luck with everything! I want to do a random act of kindness this month! I also want to research a book club, I’d love to join one, but I’m not sure what is available in my area. I am also joining Nicky M on The Shimmer Within Her, she is doing a monthly photo challenge of things that make you smile, I’m excited for it!! 🙂
Thank you! I’m excited too!
Awesome!! I’m going to participate in a special random acts of kindness event in a few days – Look for a post about that! Oooh, a photo challenge – Sounds like fun!
Yes! We are starting a movement, #itsthelittlethings…well I should say she is starting the movement, & I’m joining her. I can’t wait for your post on random acts of kindness! 🙂
Fantastic! I love Nicky and her blog!
Gosh what a lot of goals – you certainly have enough to keep you busy there!!
I like a challenge, haha!
Pingback: Writing Prompt #7: “30 Day Writing Challenge” | Hot Shot Headlines
Pingback: Writing Prompt #7: “30 Day Writing Challenge” (Day 1) | Hot Shot Headlines
Pingback: Getting Personal #36: September Goals Recap | Hot Shot Headlines