I stumbled upon Young OFW’s post on Sunday morning. He inspired me to do my two Movie Marathon posts a few months back, so I was really excited to see this post!
Here’s the link to his post:
Here are my answers! I hope you enjoy them!
- How often do you watch a movie? It depends. With such marvels as Netflix and Amazon Prime / Amazon Fire, it can be up to one per day!
- What movie genre are you particularly fond of? I like almost any genre. The only one I’m not into: Horror. Too many nightmares!
- What was the last movie that you’ve watched and liked? We just saw Suicide Squad on Thursday, August 4th. It was awesome!
- What was the last movie that you’ve watched and hated? I’m not a big hater when it comes to movies. I honestly can’t think of one that I’ve outright, truly hated!
- What is your most favorite movie of all time? I can’t pick just one! Forrest Gump, Dirty Dancing, Star Wars, Jurassic Park …
- Your most favorite guilty pleasure movie? Ghost, and Twister.
- What movie/movies have you watched a million times already? Forrest Gump, Dirty Dancing, Twister, The Wedding Singer.
- Are you the type who watches a movie on its first day of showing? It depends. If it’s a Marvel or DC movie, then yes. Otherwise, unless I’m really into a particular movie, I can wait a while before seeing it.
- Do you use Fandango or do you pre-booked movie tickets? Originally, I didn’t like Fandango. But, in reality, Fandango is super convenient, especially since one of our local theaters has the reclining seats that you reserve in advance.
- Movie house, Blu-ray, or download? I’ve always preferred seeing movies in theaters. However, between Al and I, we have quite a massive collection of DVDs and Blu-rays. We’ve also downloaded several movies from Amazon and enjoyed them that way.
- How often do you go to a movie house to watch a movie? I started counting recently, and it simply varies from month to month. Sometimes it’s only once a month, but it tends to be higher in the summer months.
- What are the movies that made you cry? Too many! Forrest Gump, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Toy Story 3, Up, The Shawshank Redemption, Milk, A Walk to Remember, The Notebook …
- Do you watch foreign films? Not really.
- What are your favorite foreign films? Life Is Beautiful.
- Who are your favorite directors? Spielberg, Hitchcock, Scorsese, Crowe.
- Are you particular with movie scores, soundtracks, and musics? Yes. The music can make or break a movie.
- What movie soundtrack can be found in your iPod? Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1, all the Harry Potter movies, Jurassic Park.
- Have you ever watched a movie alone on a movie house? Yes. I try to go to a movie solo every year in honor of my birthday. The last movie that I watched by myself was Eddie the Eagle, back in March. I loved it!
- What is the best chick flick for you? 10 Things I Hate About You, The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, The Five-Year Engagement … Basically any movie adapted from a Nicholas Sparks book!
- Is there any movie that has changed your perspective in life? I have two: Forrest Gump and Ghost. Forrest Gump made me fall in love with history and historical fiction, and gave me a greater appreciation for people with disabilities or challenges. Ghost made me grateful for every day that I have with my loved ones.
- Your favorite comic book movie? It’s a tie: Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- DC or Marvel movies? I like both.
- What are the movies in the top 10 in IMDb that you have watched? I have watched all 10.
- Do you read movie critic reviews before watching a film? No.
- What is the best movie adapted from a book? To Kill a Mockingbird, The Pelican Brief, Jurassic Park, The Princess Bride, The Green Mile, Ender’s Game, Jumanji, The Outsiders, The Perfect Storm, The Cider House Rules.
- Do you watch the movie before reading the book or vice versa? I always try to read the book before seeing the movie.
- What is your most favorite comedy movie? Ghostbusters (1984), Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Airplane!
- Drama movie? Forrest Gump, The Shawshank Redemption, The Pelican Brief, A Few Good Men, All The President’s Men.
- Western movie? Maverick.
- Romantic comedy film? Silver Linings Playbook, When Harry Met Sally, The Wedding Singer.
- Horror film? Psycho.
- Sports movies? Remember the Titans, Rudy, The Express, A League of Their Own, Glory Road, Hoosiers, Field of Dreams.
- Sci-fi? Contact, Star Wars, Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan.
- Action movies? Die Hard, GoldenEye, Batman (1989).
- War movies? Schindler’s List, Casablanca, Glory.
- Who is your most favorite movie couple? John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.
- Any movie character you can relate to? Not really.
- If you are to only watch five movies for the rest of your life, what would the movies be? This one was surprisingly easy: Forrest Gump, Ghost, Dirty Dancing, The Princess Bride, and Remember the Titans.
- Your least favorite movie of all time? Skyline (2010).
- Have you ever watched a movie based on the lead actor/actress only? Plenty of times. Anything with Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Patrick Swayze, George Clooney, or Meryl Streep leading, you’ll find me watching it.
- What movie you expected and wanted to be good but failed you? Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Favorite movie character of all time? Forrest Gump.
- Favorite movie villain? Darth Vader.
- Any movie sequel that you’re still waiting to see? Not at the moment.
- Ever made a movie review? Not yet.
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars.
- Right now, think of any movie, what comes first? Star Trek Beyond – That’s next on the must-see list.
- Favorite movie lines? “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” — “May the Force be with you.” — “You can’t handle the truth!” — “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.”
- TV series, books, computer games, or movies in order of interest? Books, movies, TV series, computer games.
- Lastly, if your life story is to be made into a movie, who would you like to portray you? Who should be directing it and what would be the title? I wouldn’t want my life story to be made into a movie. I’d much rather write a novel that’s made into a movie, and it being done well.
- Everyone! I’d love to see what people’s responses are.
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
I pretty much mainly watch movies all day outside of running around and even when I am on here. This is a movie link that brings you to a site where you can watch new releases. I, at worst have to wait for an English version. http://www.zmovie.co/
IDK what kind of computer you have, a Mac works better. I wouldn’t tell you to DL movies, though I do. There are tons of people getting screeners or cams and then doing a lot of work on them to make them DVD quality or damn close and those do not get your ip flagged or oldies. I flip my ip but mainly for posting and have not seen anything lately I wanted to keep on my computer. I have a converter that takes mkv files and makes them set to burn or upload them to itunes and then onto my phone.
That’s cool! Thanks for reading and sharing. I’ll have to check it out. I don’t have a Mac – I have a HP laptop. We shall see!
You should be OK to stream from that site. There is also Solar Movies.com. They are less reliable. I mentioned a Mac as they are much better to DL and burn. But I typically get screeners or iffy cams and update until I get a great version as there are a lot of a/v guys online and they compete against each other to make it where you can get free movies from. For that I use The Pirate Bay, it gets raided and pops back up or Extra torrent CC. I recommend getting a vpn to hide your ip I use Tunnel Bear, it is 8 bucks a month and you can DL and you have to get Utorrent and on the other sites click get torrent and then you get an option on how to dl and select utorrent and it opens, asks for a name and then it starts. With the vpn on it will be slow, I let it go 10 minutes and I turn it off and it speeds way up and then I put it back on if it is a movie that has just been released on DVD and a big movie. Otherwise nobody cares what you DL
Thanks for the tips!
We have very similar tastes, some of my asnwers would be the same, except I loved Batman vs. Superman.
I understand! I wanted to love it, but I couldn’t. I know my opinion was influenced by my husband, haha!
Ha ha. A lot of people didn’t like it, but my husband and I both thought it was great! We both grew up loving and admiring Superman, so maybe that’s why. Also, I’m a huge Wonder Woman fan, and I love how they made her powerful, and not “sexy”
My husband is a huge Superman fan, as well. I liked it, overall, but I didn’t love it. I love Wonder Woman! I’m so excited for her movie next year!!
Have you read Shawshank Redemption? I didn’t know, for the longest time, that it was based off a Stephen King (one of my fave authors!) short story. What they made out of such a brief story was truly amazing! The one time the movie beat the book, in my mind.
OMG! Wasn’t Suicide Squad amazing?! I don’t wanna put any spoilers here, b/c I know a lot of people haven’t seen it yet, but OMGOMGOMG! I really liked a lot of the characters (Harley Quinn, ftw, though) & I thought the soundtrack was dance in my seat good. 😀
Also, just b/c… “Cow!” “‘Nother cow!” “I think that’s the same one…” LMFAO
Yes! I’ve read most of Stephen King’s books and short stories. The next one of his on my list is 11/22/63.
Suicide Squad was pretty epic. Not being a huge superhero / comic book fan, it was awesome. It certainly made up for Batman v. Superman – I liked that one, but I didn’t love it. I was dancing to the music. And Harley Quinn was kick-ass!!
I loved that story, but the movie was a million times better (perhaps b/c it was longer & the characters were better developed).
What’s funny is, b/c I also find Fandango to be a great help, I got 3 online comics along w/our ticket purchase. So, while I’m not a huge comic fan (love superhero movies tho), I got to read the 1st original Suicide Squad comic, a reboot several years later, & the 1st Harley Quinn (I think that was also a reboot, tho). It got me ready for what the movie was gonna show & it’s another reason I like Fandango.
I knoooow. Your talking about Twister made me wanna watch it again too! I loved the scene at Aunt Mae’s! It makes me hungry every time. LOL
Nice! Fandango is my go-to place now. It takes the pressure off of getting to the theater super early to make sure the show isn’t sold out!
I’m super sad that Universal Studios took away the Twister ride – It was my favorite! They’re remodeling that section, and a new ride based on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon will debut next year. I found out they had shut it down on our honeymoon in Orlando – and they had only closed it two weeks prior! Oh, well.
When did you watch it for the first time? I was invited to a friend’s birthday party / sleepover after it came out on video, and we watched it that night. I was scarred for a looooong time!
Oh no!! That’s disappointing that they closed the ride right before you got to go! Still, from the pictures I saw, it was a fantastic honeymoon. Esp those Wizarding World of Harry Potter pics. That’s one of my “bucket list” trips.
Oh my. That’s a long way back to remember. I think that I didn’t see it until a couple of years after it came out & I remember watching it on VHS. I had to be around 13 or 14, so I think it was around 1998 (yeah, I know… I’m old LOL).
I definitely haven’t seen that movie in over a decade. Time to add it to my Netflix queue too!!! LOL
And I want to watch Twister again – Haha!
Nice to know that we have the same answers to some questions! Enjoyed reading this!
Thank you so much!