I saw this awesome tag on Getting Through Anxiety a couple days ago!
You know me, I love anything that deals with books!
The New York Times is also close to my heart. I was born in NYC. I get the NYT news alerts to my email. I did my college internship with a division of the NYT, the Shared Services Center in Norfolk, Virginia!
Okay – Here we go!
What book is on your nightstand right now?
- I currently do not have a nightstand in our bedroom (Still moving!) Haha. So, I’ll go with the book on my living room couch – “The One and Only: A Maryellen Classic 1.” I’m absolutely hooked on the BeForever series from American Girl!
If you could meet one author (living or dead) who would it be? What would you ask?
- Tough question! I’d love to meet F. Scott Fitzgerald, since he wrote my favorite book. I’d ask him if he had a timeline or structure for writing and editing his works. I’ve written parts of three novels, but I haven’t mapped out the time to edit them!
What books might we be surprised to see on your shelf?
- Maybe all of Nicholas Sparks’s novels? I studied the perceptions of love and romance of female readers of his novels for my college senior thesis, so I re-read them all in prep for my research and study.
How do you organize your personal library?
- Right now, my huge bookcase is still at my parents’ house. I’m pretty picky – I try to organize everything by author, and then everything in the order of that author’s publication. I may reorganize it better when we move said bookcase into our house!
What book have you always meant to read but haven’t gotten round to yet?
- Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell. It’s one of several on my 2016 Reading Challenge!
Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t?
- The Divergent series. Thinking about all of them, it was a let-down.
What kind of stories are you drawn to?
- Historical fiction, definitely. I love the Dear America series in particular.
- Human interest stories (Think Chicken Soup for the Soul, etc.)
- Certain crime novels.
What do you plan to read next?
- Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee.
- booksandbakes1 – Charley
- Becky Due – Author
- Thrice Read – Jenn, Caitlynn, and Eden
- Jay Colby
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
I’d love to see your answers!
Gah! Sorry. I got distracted and lost track of time. I fixed it!
That’s okay, I understand!
I appreciated the reminder!
Thank you! I liked yours, too. I love Poppy’s Blog!
Love this! I need to get back into reading! I love it, but lately with my new promotion, trying to get pregnant, and remodeling the house, I just haven’t found the time, but I love to read!
So many exciting things! I’m so happy for you 🙂 I’ve been able to fit it in, but it’s been a challenge!