I just saw this post on Ariel Lynn’s Writing Radiation, who originally saw it on The Melodramatic Confessions of Carla Louise, and she saw it on Getting Through Anxiety.
All of them are awesome bloggers!
I saw the word “reading” and was immediately intrigued!
Have you ever damaged a book?
- The only instance I can think of was when I wrote my initials on the front dust jackets of a few of my American Girl historical novels. *facepalm*
Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
- Never! I can’t even highlight textbooks. I’ve never even written in the margins! Just thinking of it makes me cringe!
How long does it take you to read a book?
- Excellent question. With my life, it varies. If you’ve read my Book Review posts, know that I try to post those within 24 hours of finishing that book. It depends. When I get in a groove, I can fly through a book. I do have to agree with the ladies before me: If I watched less TV / Netflix and spent less time on Facebook, I’d probably get through more pages in a shorter time span.
Books that you haven’t finished?
- Fifty Shades of Grey.
- The Twilight series – I started all four, but never brought myself to finish them.
- Other than those, I really try to finish what I start!
Hyped / Popular books that you don’t like?
- Fifty Shades of Grey.
- The Twilight series.
- Allegiant from the Divergent series.
Is there a book that you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
- Nope. I love telling people what I’m reading! To me, word-of-mouth is one of the best ways to promote a book, an author, and reading, in general.
How many books do you own?
- Picturing my bookshelves at my parents’ house, I’d say probably 150 or so. I used to have many, many more, but I gave away eight full boxes of books to the local library in 2013 when I was preparing to move to my first apartment, and the huge heavy bookcase wasn’t going with me.
Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?
- Depending on the book, I’m usually pretty fast. Interruptions do get in the way, especially with moving and such, so I’ve slowed down quite a bit. There were times I would plow through 5-6 books in a week or two. That’s certainly not the case now.
Do you like to buddy read?
- I’ve never tried it. I know what it is though – When you and a friend read the same book at the same time. I think it would be an interesting experiment.
Do you read better in your head or out loud?
- This is an interesting question. I occasionally catch myself reading certain lines aloud, but in a whisper to myself, and it kinds freaks me out. I’m a visual reader, so I can picture the scenes in my head. I can tell what I’m reading is good when I pause and can see the scene I just read in front of me, like I’m watching a movie.
If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?
- This would be a terrible tragedy if it were to occur! However, if it were to happen, my pick would be The Great Gatsby. It’s my favorite book, one that I re-read every year. I love everything about it.
- Everyone! Reading is so much fun 🙂
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂
I think that’s great that you donated so many books to the library!
Thank you so much! Initially, it was incredibly difficult. I couldn’t even go with my mom to donate them. However, looking back, it makes me happy! I’ve been buying a few of the new BeForever American Girl books, and once I’m done, I’m donating those to the nearly Portsmouth library. I’m starting to shift my focus from buying them to borrowing them – But that isn’t easy!
Ha, I bet! It would be hard for me to get rid of the books I have. I really do admire that you did though! 🙂
I’ve told that story to several people, and everyone was in awe. People who love books understand! Thank you so much for the compliment!
It’s so hard to part with books! I have totes full in storage with books and have donated so many, only to be told that I still have so many books they clutter up the place.
I’d be interested in doing a buddy read with ya!! (It’s Nicole Dales/Morris, btw in case you don’t recognize the blog name 🙂 It’s my education blog!)
Excellent! Let’s do it!! I’m so excited to hear from you!
Ah! So THAT’S what “buddy reading” means! Thanks for clarifying. 🙂
I’m glad you filled this out & that you liked it! I also really like the image you used at the bottom there, with the quote by Rachel Anders. What a fantastic quote. Words by which to live. 😀
You’re so welcome! One of my friends already offered to do one with me! I’m so excited. We just need to pick the book. Thanks so much – I stumbled upon that quote, and I loved it.