Here were my goals for the month of June:
- Donate blood. — Accomplished!
- Clean off the couch in my office and keep it clean. — Did not accomplish yet.
- Make progress with cleaning and organizing the garage. — Did not accomplish yet.
- Submit my ancestryDNA kit. — Accomplished!
- Donate a lot of American Girl items to Trey’s Dolls. — Accomplished!
- Continue reading most nights before bed. — Did not accomplish yet.
- Send off my thredUP Clean Out Kit. — Did not accomplish yet.
- Publish at least one Book Review. — Did not accomplish yet.
- Make progress in editing book #2. — Did not accomplish yet.
- Prepare for Camp NaNoWriMo July 2022! — Accomplished!
June flew by. I can’t believe July starts tomorrow. 2022 is already half over!
I was able to successfully donate blood at our drive on June 4th. My iron was really high – 14! We found out after the drive ended that we passed a milestone – 8,000 units collected since starting the drives in April 2000. We’ll be celebrating that at the August drive!
I finally submitted my ancestryDNA kit! I should get the results 6-8 weeks from when I mailed it in. Once I get the results, I’ll likely make a post about it.
I boxed up a beautiful Kirsten doll and two big boxes of American Girl clothes, shoes, hangers, and a few accessories, and shipped it to Trey’s Dolls. Vicki was so sweet and posted photos on the AG Obsessed Facebook group. I’m glad it got there safely. I still have more organizing to do at home, but I’m happy that my load / haul has been lightened, and it’s all going to a great cause! It turns out that they had just gotten a Tenney doll to rehab and donate, but didn’t have any clothes for her. I sent several Tenney outfits in my shipment, so Vicki was over the moon about that.
I’m very excited to kick off Camp NaNoWriMo July 2022 tomorrow! My goal is to write 30,000 more words and finish the first draft of book #3, which I started during NaNoWriMo 2014. I’ve worked on it off and on since then. I made the biggest progress with this one during NaNoWriMo 2021, where I crushed the 50,000 word goal for the first time ever. I ended up writing 53,793 words during November 2021, and I was astounded. Look for a recap post about Camp at the beginning of August!
What about you? Did you have any goals for the month of June?
Come back tomorrow to see my July Goals!
Until the next headline, Laura Beth 🙂